WebGate acquired Host Rivers Infotech in July 2017. Host Rivers Infotech used to be a good Indian web hosting company and I was their customer since 2014. Though there were sometimes issues with their servers but they were having great support. Their ticket support was quite slow but their chat and phone support were simply awesome. They immediately resolve the issues of their clients. I was having a reseller hosting plan with them and I used to pay around 12k per annum. I used to receive unlimited disks pace, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited cPanel. Honestly, I was very happy with them.
But, as soon as WebGate took over this company, the problems started arising gradually.
- Firstly, they increased pricing for all packages with put limitation of domains and disk space.
- Secondly, their emails started going to spam and IPs keep getting blacklisted.
- Thirdly, I took a dedicated IP for reseller but that was never assigned to me. Moreover, the money was also never refunded even after several chats and tickets.
- Fourthly, they had their support time from 11 AM to 6 PM. After that no one even replies to tickets, chats were offline and the phone was never picked or was switched off.
- Lastly, they never migrated my WHM to any other sever despite several email bounce backs and frequent server downtime.
The only option that I had to leave them. I started migrating my cPanels to shared hostings from Crazy Domains & Namecheap. The biggest problem with them was that they never took their clients seriously. This is why several resellers switched away from them. Now, I feel so relaxed that I can’t tell you. I also saved several bucks as shared hosting was far cheaper than reseller hosting.
After spending about 9 years in the hosting industry, I learned one thing. You should never rely on any host, no matter how big and good they are. You should always have multiple reseller hosting or shared hosting so that if one hosting goes down or creates an issue, you have an alternative to switch to. At least your clients will not suffer as you have too.
- Their server response time was very fast.
- They don’t offer 24×7 support which is a must.
- Their pricing is high compared to other similar companies.
- They never fix your issues nor respond to tickets.
You should always keep yourself aside from such small hosting companies who cannot give you enough services or support. Close your gates for WebGate.